We all know that the liver can be regenerated because its cells live about 150 days. After that, the old cells are replaced with new cells so the liver can continue to perform its function, which is the elimination of toxins from the body. But is not only the liver cells that can be regenerated there are 6 other cell types that can be regenerated through nutrition.
Cell Types That Can Be Regenerated With Food
For the heart was thought that it can not be recovered and that the whole life we have “the same” heart. But studies have shown that the body pump is able to be recovered, three to four times in a lifetime.
Good health means good regeneration of organs because the old cells must be replaced by new ones to extend life. Food is very important for the process of regeneration so it is useful to know which foods are the most helpful.
1. Regeneration of Nerve Cells
There is a wide variety of natural compounds that can help with the process of nerve regeneration. A study published in Rejuvenation Research says that a combination of blueberries, green tea and carnosine (which is found in pork, beef, and fish) helps nerve regeneration and stem cells in animals with neurodegenerative diseases. Other substances with similar effects are:
- Curcumin ( a root of the plant Curcuma);
- Apigenin (a compound found in celery, parsley, artichokes);
- Red sage;
- Resveratrol (a compound found in red wine, red grapes, dark chocolate);
- Royal jelly;
- Theanine (a compound found in green tea).
There are other ingredients that can also help in the process of nerve healing and in the process of regeneration of the myelin sheath. Falling in love and music have a positive effect on the regeneration and recovery of neurons.
2. Regeneration of The Liver
According to a study, Glycyrrhizin (a compound that is located in the licorice root) is proved to be a stimulus for regeneration of liver cells and function in the animal model of hepatectomy (removal of all or part of the liver). Other ingredients that help the regeneration of liver are:
- Curcumin (root of the plant Curcuma);
- Carvacrol (extracted from oregano oil);
- Vitamin E ( found in tofu, spinach, almonds, sunflower seeds, avocado, shrimp, fish, olive oil, broccoli, and pumpkin).
3. Hormone Regeneration With Food
One of the compounds that regenerate the hormones that are weakened by the loss of electrons is vitamin C. This vitamin has the ability to recover the form and function of estradiol, testosterone, and progesterone, which can be a good supplement or substitute for hormone therapy. You can find vitamin C in peppers, kale, kiwi, broccoli, strawberries, oranges, peas, etc.
4. Regeneration of Beta-Cells
Other cell types that can be regenerated through nutrition are beta cells. Beta cells in the pancreas produce insulin. The following compounds have been demonstrated experimentally to regenerate the insulin-producing beta cells in order to help people with diabetes:
- Black cumin;
- Hypericum perforatum, known as perforate St John’s wort;
- Vitamin D (fish, caviar, eggs, cheese);
- Arginine (found in red meat, soy, eggs, seafood, sesame);
- Curcumin (a root of the plant Curcuma);
- Swiss chard;
- Corn silk;
- Sulforaphane (found in broccoli, cabbage, kale, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower);
- Bitter melon.
5. Regeneration of Cartilage and Joints
Curcumin and resveratrol showed good results in recovery from spinal cord injury, while for osteoarthritis, degenerative diseases of the joints, there is a wide range of potentially regenerative substances found in nettles, fish oil and other foods rich in vitamin E.
6. Regeneration of Heart Muscle With Food
Until recently it was thought that the cardiac muscle tissue is not susceptible to regeneration. New research shows that there are compounds that stimulates stem cells of the heart muscle which can make healthy heart tissue. Here is what to eat if you want to have healthy heart:
- Siberian ginseng;
- N-acetyl-cysteine (found in oat flakes, pork, chicken, wheat germ, cheese);
- Resveratrol (found in red wine, red grapes, dark chocolate).
The skin is regenerating every 28 days, the bones need about 10 years to rebuilt, the red blood cells live for about four months. Other cell types that can be regenerated through nutrition are intestinal cells which are regenerating every 3-4 days. Only the brain cells can’t regenerate, so it is very important to keep your nerves.