Blood vessels are tubular structures which transport the blood to all tissues and organs. Depending on the kind of blood transmitted, we distinguish arteries,veins and capillary. Arteries are blood vessels that carry oxygen-rich blood, unlike the veins that carry blood with carbon dioxide.
The construction of the wall of the arteries is consisting of 3 layers: the inner, middle and outer layer. When in the inner layer begin accumulation of atheromatous plaques (deposits of calcium, fat, cholesterol, fibrin), the lumen of the artery narrows and impedes blood flow. Loss of elasticity and thickening of the vessel wall as a result of the creation of atheromatous plaques is known as atherosclerosis.
High levels of LDL (bad cholesterol), low HDL (good cholesterol) and high blood pressure are the most common reasons for the creation of these plaques. Food can protect the walls of blood vessels and reduce the formation of atheromatous plaques.
Here are the supplies that can help you to save the health of your blood vessels
1. Garlic: The most famous guardian of the health of blood vessels is garlic. Garlic lowers LDL (bad cholesterol) in the blood and prevents the buildup of fatty deposits in blood vessels. The latest research shows that due to the substance released during the digestion of garlic, such as hydrogen sulfide, blood vessels relax and the blood flow is increased.
Include at least 1 to 4 cloves of garlic in your daily menu. It is best to eat raw, but you can add it to soups and prepared meals in combination with various vegetables and meat.
2. Olive oil: Due to the essential fatty acids, olive oil successfully reduces levels of bad cholesterol and increases the level of good cholesterol. Additionally, olive oil is rich in antioxidants and polyphenols, substances that inhibit the buildup of fatty deposits in blood vessels.
3. Watermelon: Besides being delicious, watermelon is also the guardian of the health of blood vessels. This fruit is a natural source of L-citrulline amino acid, which helps reduce inflammation of the blood vessels and lower blood pressure.
So whenever you can, serve watermelon to your table make a fruit salad or freshly squeezed watermelon juice.
4. Broccoli: Broccoli is rich in vitamin K, that helps calcium prevents damage to the vessel wall. In addition, this vegetable is rich in sulforaphane, a substance that helps the body to use proteins to prevent the formation of fatty deposits in blood vessels.
It has been proven that the inclusion of broccoli at least 2 to 3 times in the weekly menu will help purify the blood vessels. It is best, this excellent vegetable to eat raw, steamed or cooked on the grill.
5. Flax seed: Flax seed is one of the best sources of alpha-linoleic acid (omega-3 fatty acid). With the help of omega-3 fatty acids, the blood pressure is lower and it purifies the blood vessels from fat, so the next time does not forget to include flax seed in your diet.
6. Almonds: These nuts are rich in unsaturated fatty acids, which can regulate cholesterol in the blood vassals. In addition, almonds are rich in magnesium, which prevents the buildup of fatty deposits in blood vessels. It is necessary to consume almonds 3 to 5 times a week.
7. Salmon: Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which increase the level of good cholesterol and fight against the creation of fatty deposits in blood vessels. In addition, salmon regulate the triglyceride level and reduces inflammation of blood vessels.
It is advised consumption of 2 servings of salmon weekly. It is best prepared by steaming or grilled.
8. Orange: Scientists believe that thanks to the high concentration of vitamin C and polyphenols, which are found in orange, purged the blood vessels and ensures the smooth flow of blood.
9. Asparagus: Due to the rich combination of vitamins and minerals including K, B1, B2, C and E, asparagus is one of the best groceries for purifying the blood vessels. This vegetable lowers blood pressure and helps combat various cardiovascular diseases.
Apply this supplement in your daily menu and see the changes that are going to happen in your body. The food not only that will clean your blood vessel, but it can decrease the level of LDL in your blood.